Cashew Nuts Plain (Kaaju)- 250 gm
- Cashew nuts are actually seeds that adhere to the bottom of the cashew apple, the fruit of the cashew tree, which is native to the coastal areas of northeastern Brazil. Cashew apples, while not known in the U.S., are regarded as delicacies in Brazil and the Carribean. The seed we know as the kidney-shaped cashew "nut" is delicate in flavor and firm, but slightly spongy, in texture. You have probably noticed that cashews in the shell are not available in stores. This is because these nuts are always sold pre-shelled since the interior of their shells contains a caustic resin, known as cashew balm, which must be carefully removed before they are fit for consumption. This caustic resin is actually used in industry to make varnishes and insecticides. Cashews, known scientifically as Anacardium occidentale, belong to the same family as the mango and pistachio nut.
- Combining cashews with other nuts and dried fruits makes a healthy snack.
- Add cashew butter to breakfast soy or rice milk shakes to up their protein content (a quarter-cup of cashews provides over 5 grams of protein) and give them a creamy nutty taste.
- Cashews are an excellent source of copper and a good source of phosphorus, magnesium, manganese and zinc.
- Cashew nuts have a lower fat content and a higher protein and carbohydrate content than most other nuts.
- Allergen Information: Contains Tree Nuts I Storage Information: Store in an air tight container.
We Also Recommend
Country Jaggery,1kg | Natural, No Added Sugar, No Color 1KG
Mixed Pickle (Mixed Achaar) 200 gm-Price Incl.Shipping
Strong Asafoetida (Strong Hing) 25 gm-Price